Saturday, November 1, 2008

Def Jam Vice President Shakir Stewart Dead of Apparent Suicide

According to Allhiphop.com

Def Jam Executive Vice President, Shakir Stewart was found dead today (November 1), AllHipHop.com has learned.

While details are being confirmed, sources stated that Shakir's body was found about an hour ago in his New York apartment.

Stewart replaced Jay-Z's position at Island Def Jam and was named Executive Vice President of Def Jam Recordings in June of 2008.

Stewart began is career at Def Jam in 2004, as VP of A&R for the legendary label.

As A&R, he signed artists like Young Jeezy, Rick Ross and others.

Prior to working at Def Jam, Stewart worked for Hitco, where he signed Beyonce to a publishing deal and signed Ciara during his tenure at LaFace Records.

Shortly after signing with Def Jam, Stewart told AllHipHop.com that he was looking forward to signing a new, fresh crop of talent to the storied record label.

“My main thing is to keep supporting the artists that have cultural relevance, a message, a real fan base and that can touch the hearts of men and women,” Stewart told AllHipHop.com of his vision. “My commitment is to the artists of quality music and talent.”

Most recently, Stewart over saw the release of Young Jeezy’s latest album The Recession, LL Cool J’s Exit 13 and Nas’ untitled album.

“That's an honor for me because these are artists [whose careers] I've watched from day one. I remember buying ‘I Cant Live Without My Radio,’ ‘I Need Love’ and ‘Rock The Bells’ from LL, and Nas' Illmatic when that first came out. To be able to be a part of their careers now and work hand in hand with them in creating their albums now…this is [probably] Nas' most anticipated and controversial album ever…I'm for keeping the brand culturally relevant globally, coming in and being a part [from any standpoint] with a company that's had this type of history, recognition and respect is a huge honor and a challenge. I'm up to it, I'm a fan of the music and artists and I'm just passionate about it so I'm just ready to go.”

**ON BEHALF OF G-UNIT RECORDS AND THISIS50.COM, WE WOULD LIKE TO SEND OUR CONDOLENCES TO THE ENTIRE STEWART FAMILY AND DEF JAM STAFF**
Share

Comment by Joseph Besharah 1 hour ago
R.I.P

THEHIPHOPWORLD.COM
Comment by tyrell reid 1 hour ago
1st snitches.....
Comment by Ed 1 hour ago
damn R.I.P.
Comment by Rodriques, aka The Retrospect™/The Retro Rhythm Ride™ 1 hour ago
Damn...R.I.P.
Comment by Kris 1 hour ago
Shit if u kill urself then u askin for it but r.i.p
-DJ KRIV-
Comment by Cherry 1 hour ago
Damn..smh...R.I.P
Comment by Valon 1 hour ago
www.thisissouthside.ning.com
Comment by ::..~G-Unit Misses~..:: 1 hour ago
R.I.P.
Comment by Ryan 1 hour ago
valon you faggot for promoting your gay site on here
Comment by Boe Joe 1 hour ago
whoever wrote this article cannot spell or write a coherence sentence. R.I.P Stewart. God Bless the .

Comment by will 1 hour ago
FUCC EVERYBODY DYING MAN R.I.P. I MEAN A BROTHER COMMITTIN SUICIDE DAMN
Comment by shawnlegend16 1 hour ago
rip.
Comment by Nascent 1 hour ago
WOW. R.I.P
Comment by D THE KID 1 hour ago
R.I.P.
Comment by Tymoney1988 1 hour ago
R.I.P.
Comment by Ero 1 hour ago
damn this is sad ..suicide damn not with all that cream he got..r.i.p
Comment by D 1 hour ago
R.I.P. dude was from Oakland too
Comment by C-preme 58 minutes ago
fuck he just called me now my dea is all fucked up
myspace.com/cpremeluvmoney
go sownload my mixtape on datpiff.com
c-preme
Comment by jaida 57 minutes ago
wow.. no comment..i pray for his family..grass not always greener
Comment by chase 56 minutes ago
R I P

Comment by will 51 minutes ago
God bless u shake
Comment by will 51 minutes ago
God bless u shake
Comment by SiXeLaSiN 48 minutes ago
what is going on??? shit is ridiculous...nothing in the world is so unbearable that you should want to kill yourself...not if you have faith in God or some higher power...no respect for that shit at all...
Comment by Brianna 33 minutes ago
:( RIP.
Comment by HollaIsSerious! 28 minutes ago
They Say Its No Forgiveness For Takin Your Own Life...But Somethin Is Fishy About This Story...As Time Goes By It Will All Come Together On Maybe Why He Did Dat...But RIP
Comment by Mario Marroquin 24 minutes ago
R.I.P. sad shit sorry to the family
Comment by Knowledge 22 minutes ago
R.I.P shit sad suicide is nothing to play wit
Comment by Tony G - Looking for Beats! 21 minutes ago
r.i.p
Comment by flymister 17 minutes ago
NAH FUCK THAT, SOMEBODY KILLED THAT DUDE AND MADE LOOK LIKE A SUIEE.
Comment by Cee Jay 15 minutes ago
R.I.P.

Comment by Henious Del'Von 7 minutes ago
www.broadjam.con/heniousdelvon
Comment by Quang 4 minutes ago
r.i.p
Comment by P Trilla 2 minutes ago
Delete Comment i agree on all replies something is fishy i mean why would he kill himself.
somebody killed him made it look like a suicide or something.
rip like pac said whats the use of trying everybody dying
1
2
3
4

No comments: