Monday, August 25, 2008

Obama Walked a Day in My Shoes

SEIU
Dear Uhuru,

My name is Pauline Beck. I'm an SEIU homecare worker in Oakland, California, and a very proud supporter of Senator Barack Obama for President.

Senator Obama spent a day in my shoes. He didn't want to talk politics or pose for pictures; he wanted to work.

Tomorrow I address the Democratic National Convention, and when I go on stage I'll be taking all of you with me. I hope you'll join me in helping to elect Barack Obama this November.

http://action.seiu.org/beck

That's the kind of President we need. Someone who REALLY understands working people.

Barack Obama is a great champion for working people, and as we've gotten to know him, we've learned how strong an advocate he will be in the White House.

That's our next President -- strong, powerful, and working for us, because he is one of us. It's going to take all of us, in solidarity, working to elect Barack.

I'll never forget the day I spent working with Senator Obama, and I know he won't either. He was my co-worker, he is my friend, and come January, he will be our President.

Pauline Beck

No comments: